Tuesday, 26 November 2013
Back Cover Design 2nd
This is my new and improved track listing panel. From the feedback of my first Digi Pack pitch , I was struggling to think of a idea for my track listing. In my first Digi Pack , I choose just a simple lined paper track listing. I knew in myself that that idea is boring and not creative and i knew that it wasn't going to be my final design. I just made it quickly to present a finished first draft. And as shown above , this is my first real idea for my track listing.
I used a image of the band from the photo shoot up in London. The image was a natural photo of the band walking down the Thames going across a side bride. However , the photographer didn't focus the camera , so the image is out of focus. Therefore , I edited the photo on Photoshop to see if i can produce a good image still even with it being out of focus through playing with the effects. I used the black and white effect and brightness/contrast effect in Photoshop to edit this photo.
I used the black and white effect due to the colour theme of my Digi Pack through out is black and white themed. So i stuck to using that idea as it works well through out , as it suits the image of the band as they wear dull similar colours too. In addition , I used the brightness and contrast tool to make the images more clearer and stand out for the audience to see and make it clear that the 4 boys are the band members , as the image still looked un clear due to the image not being in focus.
The image still as a blurred effect to it , but i feel like that gives of a unique effect , and suits the band image and genre , as they don't rely on the image of the band , they rely on the music they produce. And with the band members walking away and you can only see the backs of the band , this is to suggest the idea , that this digi pack / new band is going places and they are going to achieve their goals they have set.
The placement of the track listing songs was something I found difficult. Down the side , it didn't give off the right effect and covered up the image of the band so it took away the whole meaning of the image as you couldn't see it due to the text going over the image, but also that placement of the text was a common idea that artist do , and i wanted to keep being unique. So then I decided to place the text at the top of the page , this still makes the image stand out and still read the track listing for the audience,
To make it look professional , I applied our record label logo which is 'Domino' as they produced this Digi Pack. In addition , I applied a bar code as well as the domino text as the bottom of the album cover about the address of the domino headquarters.
Labels:
Digipack
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment