Wednesday, 11 December 2013

Bonus DVD



This is my first draft of my Bonus DVD which I created. The bonus DVD is a bonus for the 'super fans' as its a chance to see the life of the band behind their music videos. The DVD has interviews with the band , their story of how they got signed, clips of live performance and the band producing/ creating their music.  The reason why I chose to have the image of the band in the studio is because the image has a direct link to the content in the DVD. The image is a natural shot of the band producing one of their songs , listening and playing about with it in the studio. This behind the scene image , links in with the content in the DVD as the purpose of the DVD is to show the behind the scenes of the band in how they create their music ect.
I put the image into photoshop and edit it by changing the colour to black and white and then playing around with the contrast , bringing out certain aspects such as the guitar ect.

The only way I felt to have a image and a CD together would be to have a pocket slot for the DVD and I feel like this can be see as a unique idea , something different which is a theme the band like to have. They like to be unique. In addition , the way i created the pocket was simple. I simply got a image of a white CD from google images and then added that on top of the plain grey background. To create the pocket I simply added the image on top of the CD and then brought the width inwards so you can see the CD poking out from the pocket behind the image layer.
To bring out the pocket and DVD more , i added a dark bold black edge around the DVD and image to make it stand out.

Finally , I had to have some sort of text to indicate that this is the Bonus DVD. I tried a number of locations and this looked the best in my opinion.

Overall , I am very pleased in how my Bonus DVD panel turn t out. I feel the pocket idea work well and the  image works perfectly with the purpose of the DVD. However , some minor changes I feel could be added. Firstly I need to change the word 'CD' to 'DVD' as this is a DVD. Secondly , I feel the font could be made better in somehow , perhaps use a better font or location which i well play around with and add to my second draft.

No comments:

Post a Comment